This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
A few weeks ago I released a recipe for Vegan “Chicken” and I have since been eager to share different ways to use it! Today’s recipe for Vegan Sheet Pan “Chicken” Fajitas is the first of many recipes that will showcase how easy it is to make and use this vegan “chicken”! This recipe makes approximately 15 small fajitas which is perfect for large groups of people or meal-prepping!
Do I Have to Make Homemade Vegan Seitan “Chicken” or Can I Use Store-Bought?
You can use store-bought if you prefer! I would recommend buying two bags of the 9 – 10 oz. plant-based grilled “chicken” strips to have the same ratio for this recipe. My preferred brands of vegan “chicken” are the Chick’n Strips by Gardein or the Beyond Chicken Strips Grilled by Beyond Meat. You can often find one or both of these types of vegan “chicken” in the freezer section of some grocery stores or most health-food stores.
However, I prefer to use homemade vegan “chicken” because:
- It’s cheaper than store-bought vegan “chicken” in most grocery stores.
- My recipe only uses 4 simple ingredients, unlike the store-bought vegan “chicken” from the freezer section that has a long list of ingredients and preservatives.
- It’s easy to make and can be made in bulk and frozen for later use.
The Simple Break Down of This Recipe
This recipe is actually very easy. It consists of a few simple steps and ingredients. This recipe is made up of:
- 4-Ingredient Vegan “Chicken” (or other vegan grilled “chicken” strips)
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Red Onion
- Avocado Oil (or other type of oil)
- 1 Lime
- Other optional toppings (avocado, salsa, jalapeño slices, etc.)
How to Make Vegan Sheet Pan “Chicken” Fajitas
- Start by cutting the vegan “chicken” into strips or use another type of plant-based grilled “chicken” strips.
- Cut the bell peppers into strips and the red onion into slices.
- Add the “chicken” strips, bell peppers strips, and onion slices to a large sheet pan.
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the spices onto the sheet pan with the “chicken” and veggies and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven until cooked.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and add lime juice and chopped cilantro and stir.
- Serve the “chicken” fajita mixture on tortillas and add whichever toppings you prefer.
Check out some more of my favorite lunch/dinner recipes!
- Lemon Pasta with Asparagus & Mushrooms
- Rainbow Spring Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce
- 30-Minute Vegan Taco Pasta
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)
- Baking Sheet Pan
- Silicone Parchment (Optional)
- Avocado Oil (Optional)
Vegan Sheet Pan “Chicken” Fajitas
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 – 7 servings (approximately 15 small fajitas) 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These simple Vegan Sheet Pan “Chicken” Fajitas are perfect for meal-prepping or for large groups of people!
- Vegan “Chicken”*, Cut into strips
- 2 Bell Peppers, Cut into strips
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil**
- 2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
- Jalapeño Slices
- Additional Cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the cut “chicken”, bell peppers, and onion onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the spices and drizzle the oil onto the baking sheet pan and toss/mix to evenly coat all of the “chicken” and veggie peices.
- Place the baking sheet pan in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, flipping/moving the “chicken” and veggies around halfway through for best results.
- When the contents of the sheet pan are cooked, remove from the oven and stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas and any additional toppings of your choice. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
*Vegan “Chicken” Substitution: You can substitute another type of vegan “chicken” in this recipe such as the Chick’n Strips by Gardein or the Beyond Chicken Strips Grilled by Beyond Meat. If you use the 9 – 10 oz. vegan “chicken” bags from the freezer section, I recommend buying two bags for this recipe so the proportions of “chicken” to veggies are the same.
**Avocado Oil Substitution: I prefer to use avocado oil for this recipe, but any other similar oil will work such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Tess A. says
This was delicious! The blend of spices was perfect. Thought it was very similar to restaurant fajitas, but better than the veggie version they usually have. I made mine with olive oil instead of avocado oil and served with corn tortillas. The only negative thing I thought at the end is that it was a little dry (possibly due to the tortillas), but some vegan sour cream remedied that and added a delightful tang. My family ate the whole thing in one night. Overall, an awesome recipe! 🙂
Thanks, Tess! I’m glad you and your family enjoyed it!