This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
This vegan salted caramel sauce consists of only 3 ingredients and takes just minutes to make.
I’ve used this caramel sauce on top of ice cream, hot cocoa, and cinnamon apple scones.
Using Quality Coconut Milk for Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce
When it comes to choosing a coconut milk there are a few important factors to pay attention to. For starters, whether or not the coconut milk contains a thickening agent such as guar gum or xanthum gum is a key difference that will set quality coconut milk and poor coconut milk apart. I prefer to use coconut milk that does not contain a thickening agent. The reason I do this is because when manufacturers add a thickening agent, that’s usually to make up for the large amount of water within the can. If the coconut milk does not contain a thickening agent, that’s typically because there is enough coconut or coconut extract within the can. The more coconut or coconut extract within the can means the more natural coconut fat will be in the can and it’s less likely to need a thickening agent.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)Print
Salted Caramel Sauce | Vegan + Refined Sugar-Free
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Approximately 3/4 cup 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This simple salted caramel sauce is easy to make and takes only a few minutes!
- 1 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar*
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Add coconut milk and coconut sugar to a saucepan over high heat and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring often, until the caramel sauce thickens.** Once the caramel has thickened and sticks to a spoon, remove from heat and stir in salt. The caramel sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- *Substitution for Coconut Sugar: You can substitute brown sugar in place of coconut sugar if you prefer, but I think the coconut sugar gives this salted caramel sauce a deeper, richer flavor.
- **Cooking the caramel sauce: You may have to cook the caramel sauce for a little longer than the recommended 5 – 10 minutes depending on the amount of water within the canned coconut milk that you use.
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Want more sweets? Check out my recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Pie Parfaits!
Looks very delicious, Thanks for sharing.