These vegan and oil-free “egg” patties are easy to make and great for meal prepping freezer breakfast sandwiches!
- 2 1/2 cups Dried Split Mung Beans, Soaked overnight then rinsed*, **
- 2 cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 1/3 cup Cashew Cream***
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Kala Namak (Black Salt)****
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12 inch by 17 inch baking sheet pan with parchment paper or grease and set aside.
- Blend: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- To veg or not to veg: If you’re including precooked or raw vegetables in the “egg” mixture, add them to a bowl along with the “egg” mixture and stir to combine before pouring onto the sheet pan. If you’re not including vegetables into the “egg” mixture, then pour the “egg” mixture from the blender onto the sheet pan.
- Bake: Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until fully cooked in the center.
- Cool & Cut: Allow the cooked “egg” mixture to cool completely before cutting into squares or circles with a cookie cutter or jar lid.
- *Where to buy dried split mung beans: I buy a large 4 lb. bag of dried split mung beans from my local Indian foods store, but if you’re not able to find some near you then you can order split mung beans from Amazon.
- **Soaking the dried split mung beans: After soaking overnight the mung beans will expand to equal about 6 1/4 cups of mung beans. All of the soaked mung beans will be used for this recipe.
- ***Cashew cream: To make cashew cream add 1 cup of raw cashews to a blender along with 1 cup of hot water. Allow the cashews to soak in the hot water for 5 minutes before blending it all together.
- ****Where to buy kala namak (black salt): Just like mung beans, I also buy black salt from my local Indian foods store, but you can also order black salt from Amazon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes + overnight soak
- Cook Time: 15 minutes