This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
Make this easy sweet treat with just a few simple ingredients! This vegan chocolate pudding is gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free and takes just 15 minutes to make!
Ingredients Needed To Make Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Silken Tofu, Extra Firm: I like using silken tofu to make chocolate pudding because it’s a low-cost ingredient and adds protein to this recipe!
- Vegan Chocolate Sauce: This chocolate sauce recipe is perfect if you don’t have chocolate chips, but you’d still like to have a chocolatey dessert!
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk: This gives the chocolate sauce a smooth, creamy feel.
- Cocoa Powder or Dark/Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder: I recommend using dark or Dutch-process cocoa powder for this recipe to ensure that the chocolate pudding has a deep, rich chocolatey flavor.
- Maple Syrup: Use pure Grade A maple syrup to give the chocolate sauce the right amount of sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: You can use pure or imitation vanilla extract for this recipe.
- Optional Pinch of Kosher/Sea Salt: This is an optional ingredient, but I always like to add a bit of salt to my desserts for additional flavor.
More Easy Sweet Recipes (Refined Sugar-Free)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Blend the silken tofu until it’s completely smooth before adding the chocolate sauce. This will prevent any small bits of tofu clumps from appearing in the pudding.
- Use dark or Dutch-process cocoa powder. This will give the pudding a richer chocolate flavor.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Store the pudding in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days. You can also store the pudding in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month. Place the container in the fridge overnight to thaw. Stir/whisk slightly after thawing to prevent the silken tofu from clumping.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You don’t have to have chocolate chips to make this recipe. You can make this vegan chocolate pudding with just 5 simple ingredients.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free.
- This recipe takes only 15 minutes or less to make and serves 6 – 8 people.
- You can store any leftover chocolate pudding in the freezer and thaw it when you want it again later.
- This chocolate pudding is delicious and easy to customize! Add different toppings to change it up.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)Print