This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
I like to make all types of recipes but lately it seems I’ve been making more comfort food recipes and less veggie-forward recipes. I’d like to include more vegetable recipes on the blog and that starts with these Rainbow Spring Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce.
These spring rolls are loaded with colorful vegetables. The tamari tofu sticks are savory and crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside for a nice contrast of texture. The ginger peanut sauce adds a fresh, subtle spicy flavor to this dish.
Tips for Making the Best Rainbow Spring Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce
- Cut your veggies as thin as you can. Use a mandoline slicer if you want to get thinner, more precise cut vegetables.
- Rinse or soak the rice paper once or twice for just a few seconds before adding vegetables. Don’t let the rice paper get wet for too long or it will fall apart and be difficult to spread out.
- Cut the tofu into thin slabs and press them between kitchen towels to remove excess moisture. If you press the tofu as one large block then you aren’t as likely to remove as much water. The more water that’s removed from the tofu means the more tamari it can soak up, giving it more flavor.
- Use fresh vegetables. The key to this recipe is to make sure everything is fresh and crisp to ensure flavorful spring rolls.
- Let the tofu soak up all of the tamari before cooking.
- Cook the tofu for 1 – 2 minutes on each side. The outside of the tofu should be crispy and the inside should be soft and chewy.
- The first step to making these spring rolls is to prepare the tofu. Drain and press the tofu to remove liquid, then soak it in tamari and cook it until crispy.
- Prep all the veggies by rinsing, peeling and cutting when necessary. The best time to get the prep work done is while to tofu is being pressed.
- Make the ginger peanut sauce. Add all ingredients to a small blender or food processer and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Wet the rice paper, add the veggies and roll! That’s it!
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)Print
Want more veggie recipes? Check out my recipe for Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus!