These pumpkin pie parfaits are vegan, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free.
Pumpkin Pie Pudding:
- 1 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 14 oz. Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch or Tapioca Starch + 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. Ginger Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Pecan Halves
- 4 Medjool Dates, Pitted
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until the starch has fully dissolved.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and whisk until fully combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture has reached a low bubble – not boil (approximately 10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes, whisking continuously. The mixture should become visibly thicker, but still able to be poured.
- Remove from heat and allow 15 minutes of cooling.
- After cooling, whisk one last time then pour the pudding into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The plastic wrap should be touching the surface of the pudding to prevent a film or moisture from forming.
- Refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours or overnight or until the pudding is fully chilled.
- For the pecan-date crust, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all pieces are the same size and the mixture can be easily pressed to form a crust.
- Scoop a few spoonfuls of the pecan-date mixture into a serving glass and press with the bottom of the spoon or your hand to pack it into the glass. Add a few spoonfuls of the chilled pumpkin pudding. Layer and/or top the parfaits with whipped cream, granola, or other toppings of choice and serve as desired. Keep puddings stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes