This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
Sometimes I want a quick, no fuss dessert recipe that doesn’t require using an oven or setting in the fridge overnight. This recipe is perfect for just that! These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are vegan, gluten-free, and made up of only 5 ingredients. These also have no added oils and can be made fully refined sugar-free by using refined sugar-free chocolate.
Check out some of my favorite no-bake dessert recipes!
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie (Vegan, Gluten-Free, 7 Ingredients)
- Pumpkin Pie Parfaits (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan, Gluten-Free, 5 Ingredients)
Substitutions for This Recipe
If you’re allergic to peanuts or just prefer not to use peanut butter in this recipe, you can use almond butter instead. You can also try substituting sunflower butter, although I have not recipe tested it and cannot say for sure whether it will work.
You can also use refined sugar-free chocolate for this recipe if you want it to be fully refined sugar-free.
Notes for Making These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. If you’re allergic to gluten, then make sure to check the allergy information on the oats or oat flour you purchased to avoid cross contamination with food products containing gluten.
- Use natural peanut butter for this recipe to get the best results. Natural peanut butter is just peanut butter that doesn’t have any added sweeteners or oils. The ingredients should only be peanuts and salt or just peanuts. Other types of peanut butter contain oils and sweeteners that may alter the results of this recipe. I prefer to use natural peanut butter because it has so few ingredients and because it is runnier than peanut butter with palm oil, for example.
- This recipe doesn’t contain any added oils and can be made fully refined sugar-free by using refined sugar-free chocolate. I would recommend using the non-dairy chocolate bars or gems by Hu Kitchen. You can also find other types of refined sugar-free non-dairy chocolate at most health food stores.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)Print
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 9 – 16 bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These easy no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 Cups Natural Peanut Butter, well stirred*
- 1 (10 oz.) Bag of Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips (Approximately 1 1/2 Cups)
- 2/3 Cup Oat Flour**
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp. Kosher or Flaky Sea Salt
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Chopped Peanuts
Make the peanut butter layer:
- Add the peanut butter, oat flour, maple syrup, and salt to a food processor and blend until a dough ball forms.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and add the peanut butter dough mixture. Press the mixture into a smooth, even layer.
Two ways to melt the chocolate:
- Melt in the microwave: Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and place in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds, until approximately 80% of the chocolate has melted. Stir until the remaining chocolate is fully melted.
- Melt on the stovetop: Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and place the bowl over a small saucepan with simmering water and stir until melted.
Put it all together:
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the peanut butter layer in the baking pan.
- Add any additional toppings if desired and chill in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours before cutting into bars and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
*Peanut Butter Substitution: You can substitute almond butter in place of peanut butter in this recipe.
**Oat Flour: You can buy oat flour on Amazon or in most grocery stores. You can also make your own oat flour by blending 2/3 cup of oats into a fine flour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
This looks delicious!
Thank you! ❤