This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
Try out these healthy vegan pumpkin bars! These are perfect for when you’re trying to eat healthier around the holidays! Pumpkin Bar
- 2 Cups Oat Flour*
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews (Soaked)
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a food processor add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking soda and lightly pulse a few times to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, applesauce, and softened or melted coconut oil to the food processor with the dry ingredients and blend until completely mixed and a smooth, pourable batter forms. Add in chopped walnuts if desired and pulse a few times to mix.
- Pour batter into a rectangular casserole or cake pan that has been greased or lined with parchment paper. Spread batter evenly throughout the baking pan.
- Place baking pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check the pumpkin bars with a toothpick by poking it in a few spots to see if it’s done. The pumpkin bars are done when the toothpick comes out clean and without batter on it. Allow pumpkin bars to cool for 1 – 2 hours.
- To make the frosting use cashews that have soaked overnight or cover raw dry cashews with boiling water and let soak for 10 – 15 minutes. Drain cashews and add to a blender along with maple syrup, non-dairy butter, non-dairy milk, powdered sugar, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon and blend until completely smooth.
- When the pumpkin bars have cooled completely, add cashew frosting, cut, and enjoy!
*Although oats on their own are gluten-free, always make sure to check the allergy information on the package to avoid cross contamination if you have gluten sensitivities.