- 1 (14 – 16 oz.) Block Firm, Extra Firm, or Super Firm Tofu, Drained
- 1/4 cup Starch/Flour*
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Plain Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 3/4 cup Regular or Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Buffalo/Hot Sauce
Vegan Ranch (Optional)
- 12 oz. Silken Tofu, Extra Firm
- 1/3 cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
- 1/2 cup Plain Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh or Dried Chives, Minced (Optional)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. Pickle Juice (Optional)
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Dill (Optional)
- 1 – 2+ Tbsp. Additional Milk/Water (Optional)
- Cut the tofu into 8 equal rectangular pieces.
- Lay the tofu side by side between clean kitchen towels. Press the tofu for 15 minutes. I place a baking sheet pan onto the towels and stack with a few books or a dutch oven/cast iron skillet.
- Add the flour/starch, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the milk to a separate bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a separate bowl.
- Place individual pieces of tofu into the flour/starch and spices mixture and flip to evenly coat. Next, place the tofu in the milk and flip to coat. Lastly, add the tofu to the breadcrumbs mixture and flip to evenly coat.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place breaded tofu pieces onto a baking sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and brush all sides of tofu with buffalo/hot sauce. Add the pan back to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes. Let the tofu strips cool completely before storing in an airtight bag or container. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 4 – 6 months.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Add the breaded tofu to the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Do not stack the tofu.
- Remove the air fryer basket and brush all sides of the tofu with buffalo/hot sauce. Cook tofu in the air fryer for another 5 minutes. Let the tofu strips cool completely before storing in an airtight bag or container. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 4 – 6 months.
Vegan Ranch Instructions:
- Pour boiling water onto the cashews and soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the cashews to a blender along with the tofu, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
- Taste the ranch and add the remaining optional ingredients if desired for additional taste and texture. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
*Types of Starch/Flour: All-Purpose Flour, Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, Corn Starch, Tapioca Starch/Flour, Arrowroot Starch/Flour/Powder, Spelt Flour)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 - 30 minutes
- Method: Oven or Air Fryer