This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
This super easy Cinnamon Granola requires only 5 ingredients and is ready in less than 25 minutes! This recipe is simple to make and customizable so you’ll never have to use store-bought granola again!
IN THIS POST
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- What You’ll Need
- How to Make Cinnamon Granola
- Recipe Variations
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage Instructions
- Freezing Instructions
Granola with Cinnamon
This recipe for Granola with Cinnamon is one of my favorite things to make in the fall! Skip the trip to the grocery store and make your own delicious granola at home! This healthy homemade granola recipe has a slight golden brown color once cooked and pairs perfectly with pecans.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Fall flavors: The use of quality real maple syrup, cinnamon, and crunchy pecans makes this easy granola recipe a fall favorite!
- Simple ingredients: The healthy ingredients in this recipe are as simplified as possible to provide maximum flavor with as little effort as possible. This easy recipe makes the best base granola recipe to serve with all sorts of easy breakfasts and snacks!
What You’ll Need
- Oats: Quick oats or old-fashioned oats are both fine for this recipe. If you prefer to make this recipe gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- Pecans (optional): The pecans in this recipe are optional but highly recommended. I personally love adding pecans to granola because they are slightly crunchy, buttery, and the perfect addition to this fall-inspired granola recipe.
- Maple syrup: Use high quality grade A maple syrup when making this recipe. Pancake syrup is not a suitable substitute for real maple syrup in this recipe.
- Cinnamon: You can use any brand of ground cinnamon for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: You can use imitation or pure vanilla extract for this recipe.
- Salt: Use kosher salt or sea salt for this recipe. I especially love sprinkling a pinch of flaky sea salt onto the granola after it’s fully cooked and out of the oven.
How to Make Cinnamon Granola
For full cooking instructions, be sure to check out the recipe card below.
- Preheat the oven.
- To a large mixing bowl add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add the oats, pecans (if using), and salt and mix to evenly coat the dry ingredients.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper and bake.
- Serve granola warm or cooled.
There are many different ways to customize your own granola to your liking. The below list includes a few easy recipe variations to try!
- Sunflower Cinnamon Granola: Add 1 tablespoon of sunflower seed butter to the wet mix and replace the pecans with unshelled sunflower seeds for a delicious twist on this recipe!
- Chocolate Raspberry Cinnamon Granola: After the granola has fully cooked, remove it from the oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over it before placing it back in the oven for 1 minute. Remove the granola from the oven and allow it to fully cool at room temperature before sprinkling on the freeze-dried raspberries.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Granola: Add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice seasoning along with the other wet ingredients and mix to combine. Add 1/3 cup of deshelled pumpkin seeds to the dry mix and bake according to the recipe instructions.
- Peanut Butter Cinnamon Granola: Add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to the wet mix and replace pecans with peanuts if preferred.
Change up your mornings with a few easy breakfast options to serve alongside this easy homemade granola!
- Cold treats: I love adding granola to a smoothie bowl, homemade sorbet, and even ice cream!
- Fresh fruit: Serve granola with fresh berries or sliced banana for a light and refreshing breakfast or snack!
- Yogurt: Granola is the perfect addition to serve alongside regular yogurt, greek yogurt, or yogurt parfaits.
- Freeze-dried fruit: Make your own versions of this recipe such as apple cinnamon granola by adding in freeze-dried apples or your favorite freeze-dried fruits!
- Plant milk: One of my favorite breakfast ideas for this granola is to serve it hot and fresh out of the oven with a little bit of almond milk or other type of plant milk.
Let the granola cool before storing in a food safe airtight container or mason jar in a cool, dark place (pantry or fridge) for up to 3 weeks.
Store the fully cooled granola in a food safe freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
More breakfast recipes:
This easy maple Cinnamon Granola is the best go-to recipe for fast, simple, and delicious granola without the fuss! Make this Granola with Cinnamon recipe with the provided variations above or customize it to your liking.
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)
- Pecans (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking sheet pan
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat