These healthier dairy-free brownies are also gluten-free, vegan, egg-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free.
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2/3 cup Oat Flour*
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter**
- 2/3 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder or Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder***
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Flax + 5 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Additional Nut/Seed Butter
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax and water together to create a flax “egg”. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut sugar, almond butter, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients along with the flax “egg” to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Optional: Mix in any chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces if desired.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper or greased. Use a spoon or spatula to smooth the surface of the brownie mixture until it is evenly distributed within the pan.
- If desired, drizzle additional almond butter on the surface of the brownies then use a butter knife or chopstick to create a swirl pattern. Sprinkle on any additional chopped chocolate or chocolate chips if preferred.
- Bake for 20 – 23 minutes. Allow at least 10 minutes of cooling before cutting the brownies. Sprinkle with flaky salt, if desired, and serve.
- *Oat Flour: You can use store-bought oat flour or blend oats into a fine flour. Use certified gluten-free oat flour/oats if preferred.
- **Almond Butter: You can use another type of nut/seed butter as a substitution. I prefer to buy almond butter that doesn’t contain added sugar, oil, or salt.
- ***Cocoa Powder: I prefer Dutch-Process cocoa powder because it has a smooth chocolate flavor and it allows more moisture when used in baked goods. Using Dutch-process cocoa powder in this recipe makes the brownies even more gooey and fudgy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes