This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the policies page for more information.
Looking for some new cooking tools? Shop my kitchen items!
This easy, gooey chocolate sauce is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free! This recipe is perfect if you’re trying to make chocolate sauce without having chocolate chips on hand. Additionally, this recipe takes just 5 minutes to make and uses only 4 simple ingredients. This chocolate sauce is perfect for adding to ice cream, brownies, pancakes, and more!
If you’re a fan of chocolate, here are some of my favorite chocolate recipes:
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Vegan Almond Butter Brownies
- Oil-Free Pretzel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients Needed for Making Easy 4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Sauce
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk: You can use any can of coconut milk for this recipe, but you’ll get the best results from using full-fat coconut milk. Additionally, full-fat coconut milk makes the chocolate sauce creamier, smoother, and the right consistency.
- Cocoa Powder: Any cocoa powder will work for this recipe, but for a richer, darker, smoother chocolatey taste and feel, opt for the Dutch-process or dark cocoa powder.
- Maple Syrup: This recipe uses maple syrup, which is not the same as pancake syrup. Pancake syrup is often cheaper because it’s made from corn syrup and caramel coloring to look similar to maple syrup. Maple syrup is made from maple sap. For this recipe, and whenever maple syrup is listed as an ingredient in other recipes, be sure to use pure Grade A maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract: You can use either imitation or pure vanilla extract for this recipe.
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Use full-fat coconut milk for a creamier, smoother chocolate sauce
- Add a pinch of kosher/sea salt to the chocolate sauce for a little added taste
- Use Dutch-process or dark cocoa powder for even richer, more chocolatey sauce
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge
- After storing in the fridge, heat for 5 – 10 seconds in the microwave, stirring often, before serving again
Products for this recipe (Sold through Amazon)
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- Cocoa Powder or Dark/Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder (highly recommended)
- Maple Syrup